Friday, June 11, 2010

Fresh Paint from the studio...Fresh Water from my Soul...


New Art
Fresh Painting

This piece is another Acrylic and Plaster..
Mixed media
Title "Moon Light on the Water"
It is an 8"x10" canvas Gallery Wrapped
Sides are painted Black.
I just love how the plaster gives the
art & water
another
Dimension,
Texture,
Depth
and
Movement.
I am really having fun with this plaster technique...
It is a medium by Golden products.
This time I intentionally manipulated the plaster.
I had a vision in my mind.
I will be listing this later today on
ETSY

Fresh Water... For the Soul
I painted the ocean because..
I love the ocean, it calls to me..


Come and rest by the shores,
come and listen to the waves.
Come and you will find peace
on the edge of  God's vastness.
The waves come forth and
touch my toes and my soul.
The waves can be calm and
cleansing,
washing away the weariness
within my soul.
So cool and refreshing,
so alive and invigorating.
Reminding me how small
I truly am.
Reminding me how
BiG
 God IS.
For just as I can not perceive the depths
of the ocean.
It can be equally hard
to perceive the depths of Gods
LOVE.
From the shore the waters of the
ocean appear never ending.
From the foot of the
cross I can see God's Love
IS never ending.
The rhythm of the waves
remind me of the
rhythm of life.
The rhythm of
give and take,
the rhythm of
the storms in life and
the times when life is
peaceful and calm.
Water...
Water Gives Life
Water washes away the sins
of the world.
Water restores
the dying seed.
Jesus is the Water Of Life.
The ocean reminds me
of the peace
I have found in
Jesus.
And that my friends is why I love the ocean.
I hear it calling me.
I hear God calling me into
 his vastness of LOVE.
And God Loves YOU Too!

John 4:14 (New International Version)
14 but whoever drinks the water I give him
 will never thirst.
 Indeed, the water I give him will become in him
a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Have a creative and blessed
weekend.
Remember God Loves You and He will
meet you where ever your at.
All you have to do is reach out,
His arms arms are open and waiting
Just for YOU!









8 comments:

Holly Renee said...

Beautiful! I love the texture and the colors on this. I think the plaster really adds a lot to it.

Ann-Marie B. said...

Deborah,
Just discovered your blog and what a blessing it is! Your artwork is beautiful and your words of encouragement surely glorify the KING!
Blessings,
Ann-Marie

rachel awes said...

beautiful waters
so generously given
in the texture
& feeling
of your painting
& in
the sacred
& quenching words
in your posting
& in the kindness
you have shown me
in the waters
of your
mini etsying supporting!!

thank you dearly with love!xo

Prudence said...

I LOVE this painting!!!! and I love the ocean too.
love it love it love it!
I had almsot forgotten your pattern for a lollibag you left in a comment to me. I will have to dig up that comment and write it down.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Another piece of beautiful artwork. Your words are so timely and poignant in the wake of the BP oil disaster which is so very sad and heartbreaking for so many. Hope you are having a great weekend. :) Tammy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Deborah, I sent you an email last week -- if you didn't get it, will have to try again. Have a great week. :) Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah!

thanks for coming to see me...
i'm back here today...love this post...and i'm now following....


the fresh soft blues you've used,, ahhhhh soooo soooothing!

ciao bella
come again!

creative carmelina

Maria said...

This is so beautiful Deborah~ I love the colors and the movement ...
I also enjoyed the lovely and inspiring writing... thank you for sharing with us~
*Maria

My Free Copy Right

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected