Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Inviting God to be in on it!

My newest mantra
Lord God if your not in it,
Don't let me begin it.
(I hung it in front of my work
table.....)
Lord God, I ask that you
would lead me in all things,
Amen.

Do you ever feel like your
spinning your wheels and
getting no where fast?
As an artist sometimes I feel like
I lose direction.
I begin creating for all the wrong reasons.
For example,
Creating what people tell me too.
Creating to make a fast dollar.
Creating for approval.

So I have made a promise to myself
to stay connect in God's word.
A promise to create for one reason only to
honor my Father God.

Hence... My new mantra,
Before I start a new project or a
peice of art, I will
meditate on this.
God if your not in it,
don't let me begin it.

Reminding myself I am not alone
in this creative process and
asking God to lead me and direct my path.

For God has made a promise to you and me.
He will never leave us.
Psalm 23:1-6
A Psalm of David
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the
shadow of death; I will fear no evil: for thou
art with me; thy rod and thy staff they
comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the
presence of mine enemies: thou anointest
my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all
the days of my life; and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord for ever.

I desire GOD to
Dwell,
IN my Heart
IN my Soul &
IN my Art.
IN all that I do...
Parenting, house work and in
the foundation of my marriage.
Lord God dwell in my home this day & everyday, Amen.


ANOTHER STROKE OF THE BRUSH
I have been busy making my
"Splash of Color and Dose of Faith"
Woven art tiles.
Since I can't cut up all my artwork.
I started making watercolor backgrounds
for the purpose of cutting up and weaving.
Color for me is so therapeutic.
I am so excited that spring is just around the
corner. My eyes are longing to see the
fresh colors of spring.

What is your favorite part of spring?

Here is the newest art tiles...With
beautiful, bright and bold colors.
A fresh breath of spring colors just for you!

 Titled "Treasured"
You are forever treasured by God.

 Titled, " Believe at the Cross"
Lay your burdens down at the foot of the Cross and believe
in the rest and peace Jesus alone offers.

Titled, "Son in the Valley"
Reminding me even in the valley of life's difficult
circumstances you are never alone.
Jesus walks beside YOU.
Yes, YOU!!!

Bring on Spring!
Have a beautiful and joy filled day.
Many Blessings, Deborah
P.S.
I am counting the days until I will  be a guest
at Incourage...
Published date March 20th, 2011
http://www.incourage.me/
This an awesome site for
Christian women.
A must follow!
There are so many inspiring stories and
heart felt testimonies of Faith.
Rush over now and receive a fresh breath of inspiration!

6 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Hi Deborah, beautiful post and, I love the "Son in the Valley" tile. So beautifully made.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Deborah, thanks for the birthday wishes. 15 more days and I'll send birthday blessings your way! Heck, why not just celebrate the whole month. :) I love, love, love these tiles. Absolutely beautiful! Your talent is certainly God given. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

It's Grace said...

I LOVE your new mantra. So much so, I'm going to borrow it.

As always, your creations are so beautiful!!

Haelie said...

Beautiful blog! Thanks so much for following! :o)

BARBIE said...

Beautiful poem. I love the "treasured" artwork!

animal print gal said...

beautiful poem, thank you!

My Free Copy Right

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected