Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beauty In Ashes, A Reposting of Arts Healing Power

Fire in the Valley
Healing with Gods Words and
the gift of my art.
24.Acts 20:24
"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me;
 my only aim is to finish the race
 and complete the task the
 Lord Jesus has given me—
the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace."
Via
http://www.biblegateway.com/

"The Valley" 2006
I painted this in 2006 with acrylic and glazing medium.
During a time I was living in depth of one of life's valleys.
5 years ago we had a house fire
and lost everything.
But, according to the insurance company the
old foundation was solid.
So we built a new house on the old foundation.

The cowboy and I were in the heart of the valley....
Our marriage was changed,
my children were changed,
our family dynamic was changed and
my faith was changed
Forever.

As I look back at this piece of artwork. I see
now there must have been light in my spirit even in
the darkness life sometimes dishes out.
The light color palette in the midst of
the dark greens at the top center appears
to me (now) 
to be a reflection of
  the light of God which resides
within us...
even in the valley.
I believe God allows these valleys to accomplish
his purpose within us.
"Waves of Color and Light" 2006
As I clung to this scripture,
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
 ~ Philippians 4:13
My paintings would begin to reflect the colors I
needed to heal.

The road out of the valley can be
a long difficult one.
I had many days where I felt like a big black
cloud was hanging over my family and
troubles on top of trouble was all
there was for us.
I felt undeserving...
unworthy...
and I was asking,
where is God in all this?

"Valley of Darkness 2006


Which leads me to this question?
Does
God who has given His
only Son to show us His love,
grace and mercy consider it defiance,
 that I would question or
consider even for a moment that what
God created (Me) is unworthy and undeserving?
I have always told my kids
 God doesn't make mistakes or
garbage...
That is why GRACE is
my word this year.
Because, I have been allowing this unworthy
undeserving perception hold me
back from all the blessings
 God has in store
for me and my family.
I can not tell you how hard it is to rebuild
after a trauma like that.
It affected each of my family members differently and
the healing process is and was different for each one of us.

Out of the ashes of fire was heart ache and loss.
My healing process included counseling,
bible studies and  working on my art.
I could momentarily escape the valley
 and find peace in my studio.
A respite from the rebuilding process
of our home and family.
We did a lot of the rebuilding work ourselves to save
money. This process consumed our lives from sun up to
sun down for 9 long months.

Then from out of the ashes I began to look
for the blessings and the lessons.
Changing my perspective.
My soul needed healing...
I found healing through Gods words.
My Spirit needed rest,
which I found through creating
 art...
My heart needed GRACE.
Something I did not have to work for or
earn... because,
in the valley I felt like just getting up
in the morning was work,
being a wife...work,
being a mother...work....
work.work.work

ANOTHER STROKE FO THE BRUSH

BEAUTY IN THE ASHES...
Because of the fire I was able to
have a new studio,
hence the name:
Art and Soul.

Because of the fire...
We went from a one bathroom for 6 people
to two! (a real miracle)

Because of the fire I found
out what I am made of...
Strength...
Courage...
Compassion...
AND
Who I am in Christ alone.

Because of the fire I now believe more
than every God has a purpose for my
life.

1 Corinthians 15:10
(New International Version, ©2011)
10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am,
and his grace to me was not without effect. 
No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I,
but the grace of God that was with me."

God is with us in the midst of the
darkest valley.
Trust me I found him there....
Although I am unworthy of the gifts of God,
He does not ask us to be worthy, He
accepts us just the way we are.
That MY friends is the good news of Gods
GRACE.

Grace is unmerited favor that is God-given,
 made possible only by Jesus Christ and none other.
 It is God's gift of salvation granted to sinners for their salvation.

Many Blessings, Deborah





2 comments:

BARBIE said...

Only God can make beautiful the ashes in our lives. Thank you for sharing your journey, and your art is amazing!

Valerie said...

Deborah, Your transparency declares God's grace and gives me hope today. Thank you!

My Free Copy Right

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected