Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Intented Purpose of Blogging


I found a prayer that really speaks to me and my purpose for creating art and this blog.


I have been home feeling uninspired because of the stomach flu. Today was the first day I actually felt like going into my studio. It was there I came apon this prayer. I am glad I can share it with everyone.


Prayer of Peace, Attributed to St. Francis of Assisi.


Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.Where there is hatred, let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon; Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; Where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine master, grant that I may seek not so much to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. AMEN


Wow, This is right to the heart of my purpose. I could not have said it better. No really, It is with this intention that I create artwork and seek to inspire others for Gods glory alone.
This piece is a mixed media which I titled, "Angels Above" I used acrylic paint, cotton gauze and plaster to give it layers and texture. The layers symbolize my layers of faith and the face represents my guardian angel keeping watch over me and my family. I used the color turquoise because I find it has a calming affect on my soul.












No comments:

My Free Copy Right

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected