Sunday, December 12, 2010

Renewal, Painting and In life...



Renewal...
This is the original painting I
began in 2008...
I say began because I realized
the other day it wasn't
finished...
Titled,



"Scout and Cheyenne, Splash"

Another Stroke of the brush...




Renewed ....
I added some warm colors on the
backs of the horses and lightened the
fronts of the horses.  I also cropped the
original size to Matt it. I added more blue wash
over the hoofs in the background to
create a better feeling of distance.
Can you tell a difference?
Before I kinda felt the painting was a little
flat. I (think) I am happy with the renewed piece.

 Speaking of....
Renewal
This time of year reminds
me of new life.
We are reminded & many celebrate the birth of
Jesus and all that His birth meant
for us as Christians.
Hope
Renewal
Forgiveness
A precious Gift from
GOD.
What gift could top this???
All this hustle and bustle
shopping for the perfect gift.
Sometimes I am overwhelmed by
the materialism in my life.
I get caught up in the idea of
something new...
New Furniture
New Car
New jewelry...
I have more so much more than
I need, Really!
My Family,
My Friends,
 A Savior...

This morning I told my children
we weren't having Christmas...
Whooooa!
That did not go over so well, try this at you own
risk...
Here is what I heard...
"You can't do that,
That is not fair...
You can't just not buy us stuff."
That is what Christmas is all about!!!
Whoooa! (Me)
Mind you my children have been privileged
to attend  a christian school
until the 8th grade.
Sure, we have made many sacrifices to pay that bill!
But It was important to the cowboy and I.
My thinking at this moment...They know better than this...Right?
The answer is a resounding no!!!

They are normal children living in a material world.
They may not have as much as some,
but they have more than many.
So where did this feeling of entitlement come from?
Really, Can youTell Me!!!
I can only hope and pray that one day they
will realize how blessed they are.
With age and maturity comes wisdom, Right?
I am counting on this scripture,
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
I really wouldn't take Christmas
from my children...
But it did open up the opportunity
to have a great conversation with them.
Lets call it a little training session!
One Point for the Parents....

Many Blessings, Deborah





Sometime a piece of art isn't finished
even when you think it is....

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Beautiful and very meaningful post, Deborah......

Being a horse lover, I love this picture.....The first one was beautiful but your additional strokes did add warmth.....

And yes, we all have too much and it is a constant struggle to keep balance....

Hugs

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Deborah, you are an amazingly talented artist. This painting is wonderful and so real life looking. I hope someday I can learn the tricks of making something look like it's moving like you have here.

Isn't it the truth, that we are all so blessed to live here in America and we have no idea what it really means to be without. You are teaching your children every day through the way you live your life. A great example they do have through Y♥U.

Nana's Nuggets said...

Hi! Deborah, just beautiful! and the talk about Christmas w/ children can get so interesting, of course I talk to my grands about this now, and it is so important, that we tell them over and over until Yes! that Mature thing brings Wisdom! I in fact think I'm still learning! Thank you Lord for Wisdom!! Love It! Merry Christmas!

Stephanie Ryan said...

Great post Deborah. Abundance comes in many forms and the most meaningful things can't be bought : ) Thanks for adding my art to your Etsy mini. I really appreciate the support. Have a very merry Christmas with your family.

Joy said...

Hi Deborah... I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at 'You can't just not buy us stuff!' I could just see their faces... their feelings of injustice. My husband just returned from Haiti and I look around and think about all I have and I am truly blessed. Well, your comments at least made them think. Maybe we are all 'still in training'.

Sea Gypsy said...

Wow! I think the changes really pulled it all together. The painting is fabulous! I just loved your thoughts on the season and everything you said is right on!

My Free Copy Right

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected